Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Long Pause

This is exactly what happens when we fall off the band-wagon with reading our scriptures.  The whole family go haywire.  At first, the family scripture reading goes, then I struggle to hang on with reading here and there at work.  Then it completely comes to a halt.  Yes.  We are on a HALT position and it is a dangerous position to be on.

It's been months.  Very rare and far inbetween the times that we make to read our scriptures.  Add to that my second job and it's pretty distant from the last time we read together.  My day starts at 5 with delivering kids to work then  coming home at 10pm from the end of my second job.  I have my Book of Mormon in my work bag.  Now I need to making some time in between calls to read my scriptures. 

So, tonite at my second job.  I will try to get back again.  At least with my personal reading.  As for family reading, I need my husband to step up to the task as he is the Mr. Mom of the family now.  We've definitely miss reading together as a family and the children are rotten without some scriptures in their lives to remind them and keep them on track with what they are suppose to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment