Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chastity

Jacob 2:28  For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women. And whoredoms are an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts.

Their is nothing ambiguous or unclear on where the Lord stands when it comes to moral standards and chastity of both men and women.  He has always been clear and have remained crystal clear since the beginning of time.  In my previous post, I wrote about the men with their desires to have more then one wife and concubines.  This one is about the chastity of women.


Yesterday I read a blog about premarital sex and virginity.  How one woman struggled with her preacher labeling women who have engaged in premarital sex before marriage as "damaged goods".   Tainted and unworthy of their husbands and happy marriages.  It was obvious that the preacher was brutal and crude with his condemning the women.  He wounded and offended this woman's precious heart.

As I read on, many a women and men commented on her post.  Some even go to the extend of consenting and agreeing that premarital sex is okay.  While I understand the pain this woman is feeling, I wince at the fact that some of the comments so openly condone sex before marriage.  I grew up in a culture that celebrates the virtue and chastity of women.  Was taught by goodly parents that sex should be saved for the sacred bond of marriage between a woman and a man.  But whether a woman chooses to remain chaste or not before marriage, that is her own personal choice.  Every choice we make has it's consequences.  Good or bad.  Happy or sad.  No choices made is free from the aftermath of consequences.

The scriptures tell us that God's ways are the same to-day, yesterday and ever will be tomorrow.   He doesn't sway to the left nor to the right. He is unchanging, steady and sure.  Always on the straight and narrow path.  Men's ways however changes all the time.  With the heights of fashion, technology and immoralities.  What was not acceptable back then is acceptable now.   People call what is bad , good and what's good, bad.  God's ways have never nor ever will be men's ways. 

While I can not control nor condemn how others live their lives, I can control how I live my life and what kind of standard I want to pass down to my children and grandchildren and hopefully through all my posterity.  I choose to live and  teach virtue and chastity because God rejoices in the chastity of his children.  This does not make me any better then any other woman out there.  And even when I strive to live the best that I can daily, I still falter, slip and fall.  This is where the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ comes in.  His grace is enough for every one of us because we are, after all,  sinners as long as we're embodied with this flesh and blood.  He bought our sins so when we repent, we can be cleanse and become fresh, pure and as white as snow.  

3 Nep. 27:19 And no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom; therefore nothing entereth into his rest save it be those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faith, and the repentance of all their sins, and their faithfulness unto the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment