Sunday, February 17, 2013

ENOS

I love the story of Enos.  It's one of repentance and forgiveness.  His father Jacob taught him everything in the ways of the Lord.  Like any other man, Enos has his flaws and error in his ways.  When, in the silent stillness of the wilderness on his way to hunt, Enos came to his knees to pray...

Enos 1:And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.
 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.
 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.

Wondering how this is done, Enos inquired again:

7. And I said: Lord, how is it done?
And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.

After receiving a remission for his sins, Enos was concerned about the spiritual welfare of his people.  Not only did he pray for himself but he also pray for his fellowmen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment