Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jacob and the words of Isaiah

We read of Jacob, the younger brother of Nephi this morningHe as well as Joseph are the priests and the teachers for the Nephites now. 

3. Nevertheless, I speak unto you again; for I am desirous for the awelfare of your souls. Yea, mine anxiety is great for you; and ye yourselves know that it ever has been. For I have exhorted you with all diligence; and I have taught you the words of my father; and I have spoken unto you concerning all things which are bwritten, from the creation of the world.

Both Jacob and Joseph were consecrated to be teachers and priests for the Nephites.  They labored diligently to teach the people the ways of the Lord.  It's clear to me that when the Lord needs work to be done for the human race, He doesn't come down Himself and do it.  He chooses righteous men and women to carry out His will.

Ever since I born my first child, I have always held a calling in the church.  95% of that calling is within the Primary Organization.  Because I love Primary children with all my heart.  This is my niche in this world.  To teach God's words to the innocents and this has greatly blessed my own children too.  I hope to continue on to my children and their children.  Even to the end of time for I have truly learned how to become submissive like a little child.  They are so pure and clean and so very precious.

We've moved so many times and everywhere I go, I find myself within the Primary room each Sunday.  When I am new to a ward, I don't wait to be called to a position, I volunteer my help.  My mother must have had some great vision for her children, because, even when we grew up in an island out of nowhere, she saw to it that we took piano lesson and to this day, I know God must have planted it in her heart for here I am to-day using that very talent to serve Him and Jesus Christ in every ward we go to.  Especially in Primary. 

I am forever grateful to my mother for her visions of the future.

The words of Isaiah has always been difficult for me to comprehend.  The more I read though, it become easier to understand.  The next few chapters of the 2nd book of Nephi are Jacob rehearsing all the words of Isaiah.  So my next posts will be about those words and what I understand about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment