Monday, January 28, 2013

Line upon Line and all is well in Zion!

It's apparent as we continue reading our scriptures that God's ways are never changing.  That He is the same yesterday, to-day and forever will be.  His ways are sure and unfaltering unlike that of men.  This is why I don't put my trust in any man except in the Hands of the Almighty God and His son Jesus Christ.  They and only They will I put my trust.

 31.  "Cursed is he that putteth his atrust in man.."

There has always been a great plan from the beginning.  The Lord has given us rules and guidelines to follow.  Everything has been carefully planned out and through generations of time, we've given prophets, teachers and goodly parents to teach us the ways of the Lord.  On top of that, we've been given books that have been written and preserved by the hands of great men, to teach us the will of God.

3For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon aprecept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn bwisdom; for unto him that creceiveth I will give dmore; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.

As babies, we eat baby foods, take baby steps and from there on we start growing.   We all know that this is how it always work out.  Baby steps and then big adult steps, naturally.  So it is with the ways of God.  In my own life, I feel that in the Lord's own ways, He has greatly blessed me.  Not in heavy dosages but a sprinkle here and a sprinkle there to keep me humble and grateful.  He knows me better then I know myself and better then anyone else.  Given full dosages, I'd surely become prideful, forgetful and haughty just like the Nephites.  Thinking that I am better then anyone else.  That is just the person I am.

The Lord will not overwhelm us but He will gently urge and guide us.  When we gain knowledge, it will be upon seeking and studying and then He will slowly unfold the wrinkles in our minds to start embracing His glory which is INTELLIGENCE!  The more we seek, the more we are given and the more we are given, the more we are enlightened of His ways until we become Perfected in Him. 

On verse 21  "... All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the cdevil dcheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell."

Too many are leisuring, relaxing and are contend with doing nothing worthwhile in Zion.  They think because they are members of the church, that, that will be all that they need to do to be saved in the kingdom of God.  They're lazy and selfish.  Suppressing their hands from giving of their time and talents to serve the Lord.  There's just so much to do.  In each ward there's much needed help within each organization in building up of children and members of the ward.  If you don't have two or more calling in the ward, you're not doing enough.  

My daughter Mele was the one doing the reading this night.  She reads with an English accent and she is an excellent reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment