Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Words of Isaiah and sleepy people

We've finally finished reading the words of Isaiah which ends in 2Neph. 24.  It was a mystery before this reading, and it still remains a mystery to me after we read.  So many brilliant metaphors used by this prophet.  I have no clue what any of them means.  The only parts I seem to understand is when he talks about a Virgin and a child.  These prophecies were sung by prophets hundreds of years before Christ was even born. 

I find that as I make it a habit and not falter in being persistent with our reading, it becomes easier to wake up early in the morning, no matter how late I go to bed.  It also becomes easy for the children to wake up and hike themselves to the living room with all their blankets and puppies.  My Papi is always the one that we wait for.  She's spending way too much time in front of the mirror. 

This morning though, I was dozing off while I was reading.  Seeing this, Papi offered for her to read for me.  Sometimes, everyone has a scripture in their hands while we're reading and sometimes, I'm the only on that reads and they listen.  Some of them are dozing off while I'm reading but that's okay, at least they can hear.  Every time I'd pause, I'd hear one of them, "Keep reading mom". 

We still need a lot of things to work on in our routine with our scripture reading.  Some mornings we read only 2 chapters and other mornings, like to-day, we read about 6 chapters.  We also make it a habit to read both morning and night and what an excellent way to start and end our day.  What we really have to work on is our weekend readings.  Especially Friday nights and Saturdays.  Because I work non-stop, it's hard to make time for reading.  But you'd think my husband would take over?  Think again.

Some of the words of Isaiah refers to are "Mountains of the Lord".  I know this is talking about the temple and this year, regrettably, I haven't been to one session in the temple.  Every time I plan on going, something comes up.  But I will get there before the month is over.  This Thursday is my temple day with Peta.  So hopefully I won't make up any more lame excuses because I really need to go and attend a Temple session. 
My soul yearns and thirst for it as I'm fulfilling my obligations as a member of the church.  And yet I keep delaying and denying myself the opportunity to nourish my spirit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment