Monday, January 14, 2013

Nephi's Psalms

Towards the end of the fourth chapter of 2Nep.  Nephi sings his praise to the Lord. 
15.  ...For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning,and the profit of my children.
16.  Behold my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard. 

One of my favorite verses in this reading is on vs. 28.  Awake, my soul!  No longer droop in sin.  Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.

24.  And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me. 

Nephi was a prayerful person.  When he wanted something, he knelt before the Lord in mighty prayer and asked.  He had complete trust in the Lord and this where I need to work on.  My faith I find, can wax strong in the Lord, like Nephi's, when I am in total submissive to the will of God. 

I find that when I do not doubt Him, I'm fearless about anything else.  That I know that where there is a will there will always a way proved by Him.  Now and then in my own life, I go through stages of my faith. 
So so and not really trusting in the Lord and putting my own trust in my own hands and others.  Then I come to find out just how useless that is.  Nothing last and nothing is sure when it's not God's hands that you place your life. 

Nephi, has gotten to that point of pure faith in a young age.  I know that my faith and testimony as a young woman was stout and unmovable.  Then I began to be distracted by the things of this world that I gave place to doubts and fear.  Then eventually in total chaos in my own life and my family.  Now, this book!  This Book of Mormon, is slowly refining my faith and strengthening it to a point that there is no more doubts.  That I trust the Lord completely with everything aspect of my life and my family's. 

Yesterday in primary, I taught the children the last 2 verses of "I am a Child of God".  I love the fact that I am an instrument in teaching principles and faith to these wonderful, beautiful and precious children of the Lord.  That I am the way that I am when it comes to magnifying my calling in Primary.  That I can assist in planting a seed in the hearts of these children that one day, they may nourish it on their own. 

God has been so good to me.  He has been so good to my family.  I am in His debt forever.  I only pray that the way I live my life will give back a fraction of what He has blessed me with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment